CIT supports world-class biomedical research at NIH by delivering IT services and products that ensure NIH scientists and staff receive the IT support they need.
CIT provides the NIH community with a secure and reliable IT infrastructure as well as an array of IT services to support mission-critical research and administration. These include:
• A robust and secure enterprise network service to support voice, video, messaging, and high-speed data
• State-of-the-art, high-performance scientific computing platforms
• Bioinformatics and computational bioscience resources to facilitate intramural research
• Secure access to IT systems, including computers, applications and systems
• New computing technologies and innovative applications to solve business problems
• Data-processing, hosting and storage facilities
• Access to software products and applications information, expertise and training
Leadership & Organization
Andrea T. Norris is the Director for CIT and also serves as the Chief Information Officer for the NIH. She oversees more than 1,000 employees and contractors organized into three major groups that focus on IT service areas, administration, and scientific research collaboration.
News & Announcements
What’s new? Information technology news stories and announcements for the NIH community.
Need to reach us at CIT or offer feedback? Select the Contact Us link below.