- Will customers have to migrate their 9.1.3 content to be compatible with 9.2?
If a customer is upgrading to 9.2 Phase 1 (the core SAS products...category A under the HHS ELA), there is no migration process required. However, starting with the 9.2 phase 2, customers will need to migrate their 9.1.3 metadata content to be compatible with the 9.2 architecture. With SAS 9.2 phase 2, the metadata infrastructure, the folder structure, the security model, and the SAS directory structure have been significantly enhanced, resulting in changes to object content and formats. SAS has created a set of tools that help customers deploy a 9.2 environment and migrate or promote their content.
- Are all operating systems supported for SAS 9.1.3 supported for SAS 9.2?
No. SAS 9.2 is not supported on Tru64, OpenVMS for Alpha, Linux on Itanium, or Windows NT/2000.
- Are there any new operating systems that will now be supported at SAS 9.2?
Yes. SAS 9.2 has added support on Windows x64, Linux x86-64, and OpenVMS on HP Integrity (Itanium). Support for Solaris 10 x64 will be extended across the platform for EBI Server and DI Server, including mid-tiers.
- Will SAS 9.2 be supported on Vista, and will SAS 9.2 work with Microsoft IE 7?
SAS is committed to supporting business versions of Microsoft Vista (Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate). The foundation SAS technologies are supported on Vista (32-bit editions only) in SAS 9.1.3SP4, but not the client applications. IE 7 is also supported in SAS 9.1.3SP4, but only on Windows XP Pro SP2. SAS 9.2 will also be supported on Vista (for 32 or 64-bit editions). SAS 9.2 platform client applications will support Vista and IE 7 on Vista, starting with phase 2. Consumer editions of Vista (Home Basic and Home Premium) are not supported.
- Can you run SAS 8 and SAS 9 together?
Yes. SAS 9 is installed in a separate file system directory.
- If a customer uses the Enterprise Guide 4.1 client with foundation tools on a server, will they have to wait until Phase 2 when Enterprise Guide 4.2 is released, or can they continue using the Enterprise Guide 4.1 client and upgrade to SAS 9.2 on the server?
It depends. Enterprise Guide 4.1 (current release) will work in conjunction with a local SAS 9.2 installation.
- If a customer uses EG client with foundation tools on a server, will they have to wait until EG 4.2 is released or can they continue using EG 4.1 and upgrade to 9.2 on the server?
To answer this lets break the scenarios down to 4 questions and answers:
- Will EG 4.1 (today's release) work in conjunction with a local SAS 9.2 installation -- Yes.
- Will EG 4.1 (today's release) work in conjunction with a phase 2 SAS 9.2 remote installation -- No.
- Will EG 4.2 work with a SAS 9.1.3 local installation -- No.
- Will EG 4.2 work with a SAS 9.1.3 remote installation -- No.
- Will a new SID be required for SAS 9.2 software?
Yes. The SID file is posted on the iSDP website with the software. Only designated iSDP reps can access these files. To contact a designated iSDP rep for your IC/Agency, please view the Contact Lookup or contact the NIH Help Desk.
- Are there some products within Category A that will not ship initially with 9.2?
Yes. They include Enterprise Guide (see explanation above), Integration Technologies, OnlineTutor, Enterprise Reporter, AppDev Studio, Access to R3, Access to Peoplesoft and Access to BAAN.
- Is a new 9.2 plan file required, or can the 9.1.3 plan file be re-used?
A new 9.2 plan file is required. There is a standard plan file that can be used for the foundation products that comes with the software.