Networx has replaced the General Services Administrations (GSA) FTS2001 contract for long-distance telecommunications. Delivered in two broadly scoped acquisitions, Networx Universal and Networx Enterprise, both will provide access to a variety of services and telecommunications service providers to meet the technological needs of the NIH community.
The Networx program provides:
- Service continuity to all locations that are currently on the FTS2001 and competitive prices overall below current FTS2001 prices.
- Full service offerings with a broad array of services and the ability to expand services throughout the life of the contracts. See Overview and services listings - Networx Overview/Services
- Alternative sources - access to a broad spectrum of industry service providers, including the major telecommunications companies.
MCI Communications Services Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business
Qwest Government Services, Inc.
Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Sprint Nextel Corp.
- Operations support for ordering, billing, and inventory management functions and transition support for timely and efficient transition coordination and assistance.
- Performance based contracts with Service Level Agreements to ensure contractor performance and quality of service.
To secure long distance telecommunications through CIT Telecommunications submit a Telephone Service Request using the CIT Website http://tsr.cit.nih.gov/ and a CIT Telecommunications associate will contact with your long distance service options.